Mathiger Inc. located at 490 Post Street, Ste.526 San Francisco, CA 94102 USA, an owner of the Math Expanse Game brand and its affiliated companies (hereinafter referred to as "Mathiger
" or “we
” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person(“Personal Data Subject
”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location information, an online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.2) What and How We Collect Your Personal Information
The Personal Information can be collected directly from the Personal Data Subject or from a Third Party with the consent of the Personal Data Subject or where permitted by law.Math Expanse
is responsible for the processing and treatment of Personal Information. The Personal Information collected by Math Expanse
can include but is not limited to:
2.1) Information You Directly Provide to Us
- full name and contact details
- date of birth
Certain Personal Information concerning you is collected directly from you by Math Expanse
We might collect the Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- when you fill in a contract for one of our Services
- when you sign up on our website for our newsletter
- when you sign up on our website to request information and place an order of our Services
- when you submit a request for a quote or send an inquiry via the contact forms on our website
- when you reply to an email from Math Expanse that you have previously consented to be sent to you
- if you contact us or send us a message through social media channels
The information above may be necessary for the adequate performance of the contract or purchase order between you and Math Expanse
and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.2.2) Information We Collect from Third Parties
To enable us to provide better Services to you, where permitted by applicable laws, we may collect your Personal Information indirectly from a Third Party.
We will put efforts to ensure the legitimacy of the source of your Personal Information. However, please note that we do not control, supervise or respond to how the Third Party processes your Personal Information. Any request regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to us should be directed to such Third Party.2.3) Information We Automatically Collect from You with Cookies and Similar Technologies
A Cookie is a plain text file that is stored on computers or mobile devices by web servers. The contents of Cookies can only be retrieved or read by its creating server. Every Cookie is unique to your web browser or mobile application. A Cookie usually includes an identifier, site name, and some numbers and characters. Using Cookies, a website can store data of user preferences, etc.
You may manage or delete Cookies based on your preferences. You can clear all Cookies on your computer and most web browsers have the Do Not Track function. If Do Not Track is enabled on your browser, all of our websites will respect your choice.Math Expanse
does use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google
We collect your Personal Information so that we can:
3.1) Use Upon Your Consent
- perform our Services
- improve our Services
- keep you updated about our Services
- contact you with other relevant Services we think you might be interested in
We may process your Personal Information for the purposes as follows with your consent.
- Provide and improve our Services: The Personal Information we collect will be used to provide you with our Services, process your orders or fulfill the contract between you and Math Expanse. In particular, we will not use your Genetic Data for any purpose other than to provide our Services without your prior consent.
- Advertising and marketing: The Personal Information we collect will be used to personalize and improve our advertising, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences. You can opt out of receiving marketing messages from us easily by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing messages. After you choose to opt out, we will stop processing and delete your relevant Personal Information promptly.
In accordance with applicable laws, Math Expanse
may process your Personal Information for one of the following purposes without your consent:
4) How Long We Keep Your Personal InformationMath Expanse
- To perform its contractual obligations;
- To protect the vital interests of the Personal Data Subject or another natural person if the Personal Data Subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and guidance; in the course of our legitimate interests.
will retain the Personal Data for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes as long as needed to provide the Services requested from Math Expanse
or requested by applicable laws and regulations. Beyond the above retention period, we will delete or anonymize your Personal Information.5) How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information
Within Math Expanse
, the Personal Information collected are only accessible to the members of Math Expanse
who, within the scope of their specific tasks, are responsible for it and whose access to these data is expressly required for the performance of their tasks.
We will never share or disclose your Personal Information without obtaining your consent unless when:
6) How Your Personal Information is Transferred
- It is directly relevant to national security or national defense security;
- It is directly relevant to public security, public health, or significant public interest;
- It is directly relevant to the investigation, prosecution, trial, and execution of a judgment of crimes;
- It is for the purpose of protecting life, property, or other significant legal rights and interests of Personal Data subjects or others, and it is difficult to obtain consent from such persons;
- The Personal Information collected has been disclosed by the Personal Data Subject to the public actively; or
- It is otherwise provided by applicable laws and regulations.
Subject to applicable local legal requirements, your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, and processed outside of the country where you live or have ordered our Services from, including to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and service providers located in other jurisdictions, and may become subject to the laws of such jurisdictions. The primary location of where your Personal Information will be stored or processed for the Services you have ordered from Math Expanse
will be stated in the governing contract and/or the test request form.6.1) Transfer outside of EU
For Personal Information of Personal Data Subjects who are in EU: Math Expanse
will implement appropriate measures to ensure that Personal Information remains protected and secure when transferred outside the EU, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws, such as:
- The country to which the Personal Data is transferred has benefited from an adequacy decision by the European Commission under Article 45 of the GDPR; or
- Standard data protection contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission pursuant to Article 47 of the GDPR have been established.
In the absence of the above appropriate safeguards, we will ask you for your explicit consent for cross-border transmission of your Personal Information. In the meantime, security measures such as encryption or de-identification will be adopted for the safety of your Personal Information.7) How We Protect Your Personal Information Math Expanse
uses a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Amongst others, when Math Expanse
shares the Personal Information of a Personal Data Subject with external suppliers/subcontractors or services providers, Math Expanse
may put in place a written agreement that commits the suppliers/sub-contractors or services providers to keep this Personal Information confidential and put in place appropriate security measures to keep this information secure.
Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls, data encryption, and access controls. The administrative measures we use include the establishment of a department and designation of the person responsible for the protection of Personal Information, conducting self-evaluation on the security of Personal Information, organization of training on relevant staff, etc.
In case of a Personal Information security incident, we will in a timely manner according to laws and regulations inform you about the basic conditions and possible influence of security incident, response measures that are already taken or to be taken by us, and suggestions for you regarding precautions and risk control, corrective measures for you, etc. To the extent permitted by law, we will inform you about relevant situations of the incident in a timely manner via email, fax, telephone or any other means of communication we deem appropriate. When it is difficult to notify every Personal Data Subject individually, we will properly and effectively issue a public announcement.8) Your Rights
We respect your legal rights with regards to your Personal Information. Below are the rights you may exercise before us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that for the sake of security, we may ask you to verify your identity before further processing your request.
9) How We Process Children’s Personal Information
- To access the Personal Information Math Expanse hold about you: You are entitled to access and request copies of Personal Data that you provided to us unless applicable laws provide otherwise.
- To have these data rectified promptly in case of inaccuracy/incompleteness: If you find that your Personal Information processed by us is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask us to make rectifications.
- To have your Personal Information erased in specific circumstances: You can request us to delete your Personal Information if we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it.
- To restrict the processing of your Personal Information: You have the right to ask us to restrict how we process your Personal Data. If you restrict our processing, we will not further process but are still permitted to store the data.
- To object to the processing of your Personal Information: You have the right to object to our processing of your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purpose of statistics.
- The right to data portability: To the extent permitted by laws and regulations, you have the right to request for the receipt of the transfer to another firm/organization in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form of Personal Data provided to Math Expanse.
- To lodge a complaint to Math Expanse: You have the right to lodge a complaint by contacting email@example.com or to the local data protection authority if your privacy rights are violated or if you have suffered as a result of the unlawful processing of your Personal Information.
Although the definition of children varies according to laws and customs in different jurisdictions, we treat anyone under 16 years old (or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction) as a child.
For any privacy concerns, you may, at any time, contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org, and generally you will get our reply in twenty (20) working days or such shorter period as provided by law.